SO, I vowed I wouldn't do this so it became a chore...and here it is almost 6 months later...I actually had to put my email in and beg for a new password as I couldn't even remember how I started this thing..whoops! Anyway here I am back....
I'm up to #6 I think...I'm finally ready for #6...so here goes...
6) Why is it that we are so good at giving others advice or teaching about how it should be (here I am a Communications instructor of all things!) and yet we can't seem to follow our own advice, our own teachings! How crazy is that! When people come to me with a difficulty, I really think I am thoughtful and considerate and contemplate what to say and how to help. I'm told I do help many times, I'm not sure always. I pride myself on being there for people when they need me. The big question is when am I doing all of this for myself? Of course I know many people who are there for themselves all the time..chuckle...they are there so much for themselves that the rest of the world could crash down around them however that wouldn't be so good as they would have to figure it out themselves and not have the world looking after them....anyway I digress...why is it so much easier to look after people around you and not look after myself...don't get me wrong..I have others who keep an eye on me...extended family, dear friends, the love of my life and the best three gifts produced by myself and the love of my life-- my kids -- they all watch over me and I know that is a blessed thing...however I so often don't help any of them helping me...I push people away when I'm not dealing with things well...I cocoon when I am feeling lonely and only feel lonelier...I put on a front that all is well when I'm seething or screaming inside...I seem to feel better when I'm advising others then listening to my own inner voice....anyway this is a depressing #6 but it's another thing that I have come to know....
I promise to be more positive on my next blog..and I promise it will be sooner then almost 6 months...until then...I found this great quote by Sydney J. Harris and I love it: "When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to What?" :)S
No comments:
Post a Comment